life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

life, love,art. heart failure and assorted ramblings

Don't Talk Like That...

I write to find out what my heart thinks....
I am here to celebrate my life, to uncover my fears, to hold on to love, to grieve my losses, to laugh long and hard, and to learn how to live a full magnificent life with heart failure. I am honoring my creativity, and exploring all of my emotions out loud ...before anyone can say....."Don't talk like that!"


.

.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Nobody Ever Told ME


OK world...Here I am
60 years old today and nobody ever told me...

Finally I have the strength to tell myself
I do not have to fit in the box.
It is OK that I am not a perfect wife or Mother
It is OK that I am not skinny
It is OK that I am not pretty
It is OK if I am not liked by everyone
It is OK that I am just me...
It is more than OK
It is a good thing

Finally I have the strength to say
I am good just the way I am.
No more rules! Just me being happy, and filled with love.
Happy Birthday me!


"Nobody Ever Told You"  Carrie Underwood

from the "Tribe of Wild Women" was the perfect message today!
I'm acutely aware of negative self talk in my own languaging and in other peoples...I believe our greatest stepping stone to being in touch with our authentic selves is to be ever mindful of being kind to ourselves...in everything we do and say...and by say I mean watching the thoughts that roll around in our head...let our thoughts and words be gentle...it's a huge step in loving ourselves..huge

2 comments: